GO WITHOUT CHALLENGE 2020, TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In order to participate in the Go Without Challenge Fundraiser, you must comply with and agree to the following terms and conditions:
"Go Without Challenge" or “Challenge” means an Australian Red Cross national fundraising event.
"Event Websites/Websites" means the online portals for the campaign at www.gowithoutchallenge.org.au
"Linked Sites" means third party operated websites that are hyperlinked from Event Websites.
"Materials/Material" means the intellectual property and content used for the campaign on the Event Websites.
"Register/Registering/Registered" means completing the Go Without Challenge registration form online at www.gowithoutchallenge.org.au
"You" or “Your” means the person who registers to participate in the Go Without Challenge.
“We” or “Our” means Australian Red Cross Society ABN 50 169 561 394. Address: 23-47 Villiers Street North Melbourne, VIC 3051, Phone: 1800 RED CROSS (733 276), Website: www.redcross.org.au
You can register for the Go Without Challenge from 17th August 2020. The challenge week is 21st September 2020 to 27th September 2020. The Go Without Challenge Fundraiser concludes on 27th September 2020.
All funds raised by You for the Go Without Challenge must be deposited with Australian Red Cross by Saturday 31st October 2020.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- You must have signed up to participate at gowithoutchallenge.org.au
- If there is a likelihood of You not meeting any of the responsibilities set out in these Terms and Conditions, We may withdraw your Authority to Fundraise at any time.
- You must live in Australia.
- You must be at least 12 years of age in order to take part in the Challenge.
- If You are under 18 years of age, You must have the express permission of a parent/guardian before taking part in the Go Without Challenge. There is a mandatory parent/guardian consent tick box as part of Your registration that must be ticked by a parent/guardian. You must make sure your parent/guardian has read these terms and conditions.
- We strongly encourage parents/guardians to continue the conversation with their child(ren) about safe internet use practices, including the safe use of their photos and other personal information online. We recommend parents/guardians visit the Office of the Children’s eSafety Commissioner website for information and tips for young children, teens and parents to be online safely.
- Please be safe in how You ask people to support your fundraising and be careful when promoting your fundraising page on social media. If You are under 18 years of age, don't go door knocking or collecting donations in public without a responsible adult with You.
- If You receive any offline cash donations for your Challenge, please pay these in to your online form page within 7 days. If you are under 18 years of age, please do this with the help of a parent/guardian.
- All funds raised by You during the Challenge must be deposited with Australian Red Cross by Saturday, 31 October 2020. The preferred method for doing this is through Your online fundraising page. For alternative methods of depositing these funds, please contact Australian Red Cross on 1800 733 276.
- The Challenge Website allows You to upload photographs which You can then elect to share on Your social media pages. If You do not wish to use this function (if it is available) do not upload any images and please select an avatar instead.
- You acknowledge and agree that Your name and any photo You have uploaded onto our site may appear on our leader board for “Our Top Fundraisers” on gowithoutchallenge.org.au if You become one of our top fundraisers.
- You must be in a good state of health to participate in the Challenge and you warrant to us that you have not been advised otherwise by a medical practitioner, and that you are not on any medications which may affect or interfere with your ability to engage in the Challenge.
- You must be free from any injury, medical condition, disability, disease or illness which may be aggravated by participation in the Challenge, or which may affect or interfere with your ability to engage in the Challenge.
- You take part in the challenge at Your own risk and You should cease participation immediately if You feel ill.
COVID-19 - KEEPING YOU AND OTHERS SAFE
- It is Your responsibility (and the responsibility of Your parent/guardian if You are under 18 years of age) to comply with relevant public health directions, and other applicable laws, when taking part in the Challenge and this is not the responsibility of Australian Red Cross.
- The COVID-19 public health directions are updated on a regular basis, are subject to change at short notice and vary between States and Territories in Australia. For all COVID-19 public health requirements, please contact your nearest government health authority. The Australian Government Department of Health can also provide information on these health directives and can be contacted on 1800 020080 (National Coronavirus Helpline) or at health.gov.au.
AUSTRALIAN RED CROSS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Australian Red Cross accepts no responsibility for any loss, liability or injury, occupational, health, safety and welfare claims arising from Your participation in the Challenge.
- You agree to release Australian Red Cross to the fullest extent permissible under law for all claims and demands of any kind associated with You taking parting in the Challenge.
- You will not be covered by Australian Red Cross' public liability insurance policy when You choose to fundraise on Our behalf.
RED CROSS EMBLEM AND LOGO
- You acknowledge and agree that the Red Cross emblem, this being "a red cross on a white background" is a symbol of protection (protective use) and of membership of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (indicative use). In times of armed conflict, it is the visible sign of the protection conferred by international humanitarian law on the victims of armed conflict and on those who come to their aid; in peacetime it shows that a person or object is linked to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement, which is made up of International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), National Societies such as Australian Red Cross and the International Federation of Red Cross Red Crescent Societies.
- You also acknowledge that the work of Australian Red Cross, as part of the Movement, is governed by seven Fundamental Principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. For more information on the Fundamental Principles, please visit redcross.org.au/about/fundamental-principles
- You must not use the Red Cross emblem or the Australian Red Cross logo to advertise or conduct the Challenge except in accordance with the materials (if any) provided to you by Australian Red Cross. Use of the emblem is strictly regulated by international and domestic law. In Australia, unauthorised use of the Red Cross emblem may constitute a criminal offence under the Geneva Conventions Act 1957 (Cth). You must not do anything which might bring Red Cross, the Red Cross emblem, or the Red Cross Red Crescent movement into disrepute, or which might tarnish the prestige or reduce respect for the Red Cross emblem. For more information on the Red Cross emblem, please visit redcross.org.au/about/the-emblem
- In promoting and running your Challenge You may not use the Red Cross logo, the Go Without Challenge logo or the images or text on theredcross.org.au, www.gowithoutchallenge.org.au unless you have Australian Red Cross’ prior written permission.
USE OF THE CHALLENGE WEBSITE
- Go Without Challenge is a fundraising initiative owned and operated by Australian Red Cross.
- Upon entering gowithoutchallenge.org.au you have accepted and must comply with the Terms and Conditions, notices, disclaimers and intellectual property requirements.
- We can remove any content you post for any reason at any time without notice from gowithoutchallenge.org.au
- The content ofredcross.org.au, www.gowithoutchallenge.org.au such as text, graphics, images and names (“Material”) is protected by Australian copyright law. Unauthorised use of the Material may violate these copyright laws.
- The two prizes offered in connection with the Go Without Challenge are for individuals only. The prizes are:
- 1 (one) x $500 VISA prepaid gift card for the person who raises the most overall as at Saturday 31st October 5pm AEST
- 1 (one) x $250 VISA prepaid gift card for the person who raises the most during challenge week, starting Monday 21st September at 8am and concluding on Sunday 27th September at midnight AEST
- To be eligible for the prizes, a person must be registered on gowithoutchallenge.org.au.
- The winner of any prize offered will be determined by Australian Red Cross in its discretion. Australian Red Cross reserves the right to refuse to award the prize to a person if Australian Red Cross reasonably believes that the person has provided false information, has acted fraudulently, illegally or in bad faith, or the prize cannot be awarded to that person for legal or regulatory compliance reasons.
- If the winner is under 18, the prize will be awarded to their parent/guardian. Australian Red Cross will notify the winner using the account details provided on gowithoutchallenge.org.au within a reasonable time after the winner has been determined, and may also publish the winner’s name and amount of funds raised. If the winner has not provided sufficient information for Australian Red Cross to contact and verify the winner, or the prize is not claimed within one month of Australian Red Cross providing notice to the winner, the prize will be forfeited.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
- gowithoutchallenge.org.au is operated by a third party. Australian Red Cross does not warrant that www.gowithoutchallenge.org.au operates error-free, nor that its servers are free of computer viruses and other harmful data or code components. Nor do we warrant that it will be able to prevent any illegal, harmful or inappropriate use, modification or alteration of content. Australian Red Cross cannot be held liable for any cost of servicing or replacing Your equipment.
- The Challenge Website may contain embedded hyperlinks or referral buttons to websites operated by third parties or their licensees or contractors (“Advertisers”). Any claims by Advertisers are not recommendations or endorsements by us or a list of third party advertisers endorsed by Australian Red Cross.
- The Challenge Website contain hyperlinks and other pointers to internet websites operated by third parties (“Linked Sites”). The Linked Sites are not under Our control and We are not responsible for the content of any Linked Site or any hyperlink contained in a Linked Site.
- Linked Sites that We are endorsing for Go Without Challenge include: Facebook; Twitter; Linked In; Instagram, TikTok, YouTube. Other Linked Sites that appear on redcross.org.au, www.gowithoutchallenge.org.au might not be endorsed or authorised by Australian Red Cross.
- Your use of a Linked Site is subject to the Terms and Conditions of that site in addition to the Terms and Conditions on gowithoutchallenge.org.au
- Australian Red Cross does not and cannot be involved in Your interaction with Linked Sites and Advertisers. In the event that You have a dispute with one or more Linked Sites or Advertisers, to the extent permitted by law, Australian Red Cross is exempt from liability for any claims, demands or damages arising out of or in any way connected with online disputes.
AMENDMENT OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- We may amend these Terms and Conditions at any time during the campaign period. Upon amending Terms and Conditions We will re-post them on gowithoutchallenge.org.au